If you are an avid LinkedIn dedicatee you may have noticed a new job title set crop up recently… “Customer Experience” is on the rise and encompasses social media, digital either web or mobile, contact centers, customer service and in-store – essentially any touch point with the customer! It is the Customer Experience folks role to smooth out the customer journey across all channels and importantly, link the digital world with the physical.
Social Customer Experience infographic by Lithium Technologies. See the full version here
So, inspired by this beautiful infographic from the team over at Lithium and our own work in the online customer experience space with our client Tealeaf, an IBM company, here are some of the best tweetable stats from the world of social customer experience…
- 45% of businesses use social media analysis tools to gain a better understanding of the customer experience, with 77% finding it effective Tweet
- 93% of companies declare customer experience is a top strategic goal Tweet
- 47% of customers of consumers say a company can earn their loyalty most quickly based on the entire experience from beginning to end Tweet
- 51% of consumers use social media to share product experience and advice Tweet
- 74% of consumers use social media to recommend products to friends Tweet
- 57% of consumers are not likely to spend more money with a brand after a negative experience Tweet
- 47% say they are more likely to spend more with brands after they have positive experiences Tweet
- 47% of social customers expect answers within 24 hours when they ask a brand online for help Tweet
Tealeaf, an IBM company and one of our clients, are thought leaders in the customer experience space and you may well be interested in taking a look at this Slideshare and mini whitepaper on Understanding the Online Customer Experience http://bit.ly/Pzl5JY. The presentation and whitepaper were put together on the basis of findings from their recent research with Econsultancy.